Digital Banking is an easy, reliable and secure way to manage your finances 24/7/365. You’re likely familiar with the standard features of viewing balances, viewing transaction history, and transferring money between accounts – but did you know that Digital Banking provides a lot more features that can help you better manage your money? We want you to get the most out of your Digital Banking experience with us. Here are some exciting features of Digital Banking you may be less familiar with.
Our External Accounts feature makes transferring money between banks easy and convenient. This feature allows you to link an account at another financial institution to your qualifying Dutch Point accounts.
To get started using this feature:
- Click on Transfers » Add External Account in the navigation menu to enter your account information.
- A series of micro deposits will be sent to the other financial institution (typically within 5 business days).
- Once you receive your micro deposits, log back in to Digital Banking and navigate to Transfers » Verify External Account to enter in your micro deposit amounts and finalize your external account setup.
Person 2 Person (P2P)
P2P allows you to pay your friends and family instantly! It’s fast and easy to use.
First, you’ll have to set up your account to send money through P2P.
- Click on the Transfers button in the left navigation menu, then click on Person 2 Person (P2P).
- Click the Send Money button, review the Person 2 Person Terms and Conditions, and click the Agree button.
- Enter your DPCU Debit Card information and click the Continue button.
Now that your account is registered for P2P, you can quickly send money to your friends and family.
- Under the Send tab, enter the recipient’s name, email or mobile phone number, the amount, and a memo (optional). Click the Continue button.
- Review the information entered and click the Continue button. That’s it!
The recipient will receive an email or text message (depending on which option you chose) to receive the funds. The recipient will be able to enter their debit card number to receive the funds instantly (if their financial institution participates), or they can enter their routing number and account number to receive the funds within 2-3 business days. Please note that the recipient must accept the funds within 10 calendar days or the funds will be returned to you.
Are you tired of updating your subscription services separately every time your card number changes? CardSwap allows you to update your preferred method of payment for all your favorite digital services, like Netflix, Amazon, and more - all at the same time, and all in the same place. This makes new or expired cards easier to manage, saving you time and hassle!
It's simple to set up CardSwap!
- Click on the Account Services button in the left navigation menu, then click on CardSwap.
- Choose the participating online services you would like to link to CardSwap, then click the Next Step button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Enter your DPCU Debit or Credit Card information and click the Verify Card button.
- Fill in your login information for each subscriber service you selected and click the Verify button.
- Click the Continue button to complete the card linking process. It can take up to 24 hours for your card information to update with selected subscriber services.
Mobile Check Deposit
We know you’re busy, and sometimes there’s not enough time to make a trip to the credit union. Thanks to our mobile app and Mobile Check Deposit, you can manage your finances more easily and with extra convenience. Mobile Check Deposit allows you to make deposits anytime, anywhere.
It’s easy to enroll for Mobile Check Deposit.
- Log in to your account through the mobile app.
- Click the Mobile Deposit Enrollment button in the navigation menu.
- Read and accept the agreement.
- Qualifying accounts will typically receive access to Mobile Check Deposit within one business day.
Plus, it’s quick and convenient to use Mobile Check Deposit.
- Log in to your account through the mobile app.
- Click the Deposit a Check button on the main account screen or in the navigation menu.
- Select the account you want to deposit to.
- Enter the amount of your deposit.
Take a picture of the front and back of your check. Be sure to include your signature, your account number, the date, and the words “VIA DPCU Mobile” on the back of the check in the endorsement area.
Skip a Loan Payment
Need a break from your loan payment? We’ve got you covered. Our Skip a Payment program allows you to skip one payment per year on qualifying loans. Simply pay a $40 processing fee and get some extra cash in your pocket.
It only takes a couple of clicks to skip your monthly loan payment.
- Click on Account Services » Skip a Loan Payment in the navigation menu.
- Qualifying loans available to skip will be displayed. Click the check box next to each loan you’d like to skip.
- Select where you’d like the $40 processing fee to be withdrawn from in the Funding Account drop down.
- Review and accept the Skip a Payment Terms and Conditions.
- Click the Submit button to finalize your Skip a Payment.
Ready to maximize your Digital Banking experience with Dutch Point Credit Union? Log in today to begin using these exciting features! Have more questions? Give us a call or text us at 860-563-2617, start a web chat, or visit one of our Wethersfield, Newington, Berlin, Bloomfield, West Hartford, Niantic, or Middletown, CT locations.