As a student, you probably have a unique set of financial needs. You are beginning to experience financial freedom while maybe trying to pay for education at the same time. That's why we offer a range of products and services that can give you the support and convenience you need.
Student life can be hectic, but we'll provide you with a variety of tools for simple money management so you can concentrate on your education while easily building your financial future.
Our Student Financial Toolkit includes:
- Student Loans: Student Loans give students and families another way to pay for college whether it's in Connecticut or out-of-state, and fill funding gaps that rising tuition and federal aid can leave behind.
- Always Free Checking Account: It's absolutely free, with no strings attached. No kidding.
- Free Debit Card: Wherever you are, you'll have convenient access to more than 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
- Free Online Banking and Mobile Banking: Check your balances, transfer money, and pay your bills quickly and securely on any Internet-connected device.
- Free Mobile Check Deposit: When you have a check to deposit, eliminate the worry of needing a credit union branch. Simply use our app and snap a picture of your check on any mobile device. It's quick and easy!
- Visa Credit Card: Begin to build credit and feel safe knowing you have a financial solution in case of an emergency.
- First Time Auto Buyer Program: Are you ready to buy your first car? We've designed a loan that comes with low rates, manageable terms, and is an excellent way to help you establish credit, not to mention put you in the driver's seat.
- Financial Education: Visit our Financial Education page for access to valuable online resources that can help you learn about financial planning and budgeting.
Your future begins today. Make smart financial choices now so you can enjoy what lies ahead.
It's never too early to begin teaching children about money. Help your child take their first step toward future financial responsibilities by establishing an account just for them.
Establishing a Youth Account is a great way to help your children learn about the importance of saving, earning, and even investing money. They will learn the basics of healthy spending and savings habits that will last them for their lifetime.
Build the Youth Account package that works for you and your family. Options include:
Savings Account: Teach your child what it means to save. Open a basic savings account and let them watch their deposits grow. Your child will begin to earn interest on their first $5.00 deposit.
Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA) Account: An UTMA account is a convenient, uncomplicated way to make gifts and transfer money to a minor. The difference with this account is that with you as the custodian, you control the account and oversee all activity until the minor reaches 21 years of age. The assets in these types of accounts are turned over to the minor at the age 21 and they can use the funds in any way they choose.
Youth Certificate: Your child can watch their money grow faster when it's invested in a Youth Certificate. All that's needed is a minimum $500 deposit to take advantage of this competitive rate, 12-month certificate term option.
Teach your child about the power of saving and the value of financial responsibility.