This is a full-time position based out of our Wethersfield office.
Dutch Point Credit Union is a community-based not-for-profit cooperative whose vision is to educate, serve and delight our members and each other. We foster a positive work environment which rewards those that provide exemplary service to our members and our colleagues. We are interested in having talented and motivated individuals join our team. Our quest is to bring out your individual talent to help you realize your full potential!
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude!
This right candidate will display professionalism and provide our members with extraordinary member service. We are looking for a personable, energetic professional to complement our team! This individual must be detail-oriented, possess excellent customer service/communication skills, the ability to multi-task, have previous sales experience, and be accurate. Member service and new account experience are a plus. The right individual will quickly gain an understanding of the products/services that we offer, including all e-services products.
Position Summary: Duties include maintaining a highly effective member experience within the product groups at Dutch Point Credit Union. This individual will assist members who engage with the credit union via telephone and digital communication channels. Our Digital communication channels include but are not limited to emails, website contact forms, Digital Banking secure messages, and text/web chat.
This individual will assist members by providing general credit union information, providing consultation and assistance with credit union products and services, opening new accounts, recommending products and services based on member information obtained, and look for cross-selling opportunities through conversations and member account data. All information received regarding members or credit union business must be kept in strict confidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives members and determines the nature of the member's business and either transacts the business or refers the member to a suitable staff member.
- Provides information concerning the Credit Union services or policies by telephone or by digital communication channels. Cross sells services and asks for the business using consultative sales approach techniques.
- Has a thorough knowledge of credit union products and services, including full understanding of share products and digital products, and basic understanding of loan products, and is capable of discussing products and services with the member.
- Has a thorough knowledge of interest rates, how they are computed and disclosed, and is capable of discussing this with the member.
- Receives and processes member transaction requests. Processes line of credit advances, transfers funds from one account to another, processes Certificates of Deposit, and opens and closes accounts.
- Has thorough knowledge of operating core teller system. Provides such information as a member may authorize concerning the status of his/her account.
- Has thorough knowledge of operating Visa system. Provides information as a member may authorize concerning the status of his/her account.
- Receives and processes payroll deduction, net pay starts, stops and increases, as well as net check allocations.
- Processes member account/card disputes. Capable of having difficult member conversations to uncover evidence in fraud and/or dispute claims.
- Assists the eBranch in maintaining essential tracking logs/spreadsheets and performing member account maintenance as needed. May perform other eBranch duties as assigned.
- Eager to engage and participate in a dynamic team setting.
- Represents the Credit Union at any branch or field location, when required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Skills Requirements: Previous banking and call center experience is required. This individual must have excellent phone etiquette and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. The ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is essential. Bilingual skills are a plus.
Other Requirements: Work a minimum of two Saturdays a month.
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, free parking, a pleasant office environment and more!
If your values align with ours and you are ready to make a positive impact within our organization and our membership, we would like to speak with you! Please apply today! Submit your résumé to: HR@dutchpoint.org.
EDUCATE / SERVE / DELIGHT
Our Brand Values
Commitment - Contributing to the betterment of the credit union and committing to the growth of our members, co-workers and ourselves.
Courage - The ability to face and push through challenges that may be outside of our comfort zone. Displaying the willingness to accept, lead and direct change.
REspect - Being thoughtful; to listen to others and consider the effects of words and actions on co-workers and members.
Social Responsibility - Through outreach efforts and partnerships, we promote and advocate for activities that positively impact our communities.
Transparency - We provide truth and clarity in how we conduct business to build strong life-long relationships.
Dutch Point Credit Union - Your vision, our guidance.